Thursday, June 12, 2014

35 years of slogging as an executive and can't save anything

I am a 61 year old retiree. After 35 years of slogging as an executive in many MNCs I have $130k in RA account and some 32K in medisave. Currently I need an eye operation for cataract on one of my eyes.
The cost would be around 5k. I can use around half the amount from my medisave and the other half in cash.
The question is I don't have half of that amount to pay so I cannot go for the ops.
I have always questioned why we cannot use our medisave to pay for full cost as this is our money and not the state.
It's time for CPF to look into such needs as retiree we don't have the cash to foot the bill.
The simple reason is that no one would like to be operated as all operation carries risk if it is not necessary
Right now I am living with one eye while the other eye cannot be fixed because of the stupid policies created by these
idiot politicians always saying they care and are passionate.
What do you think?

Source: WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE CPF FOR EMERGENCIES AND HIGH MEDICAL BILLS

I saw an amazing comment in the story above.

Let me get this right.

The guy after working 35 years as an executive has no savings other than CPF to pay for a $5000 operation? Seriously?

I do agree that maybe some concessions need to be allowed for medical uses.

That is one far fetched example of a person who can't save.

No comments:

Post a Comment